Mr. Aschalew”Lewis” Belay (Major Shareholder)
Belayab Motors Plc. Was established in 2006 with a registered capital of 5 million USD to import and distribute light, medium, and heavy-duty trucks and industrial equipment. Since then partnering with the Hong Kong SAR and mainland China based HuaJia Tianjin international Co.Ltd Belayab has become one of the first logistics service providers in Ethiopia.
The inauguration of an assembly plant in May 2012. At Adama city demonstrates the company’s remarkable growth. Since then, it has been engaged in assembly and supply of automobiles, light-duty vehicles (pick-ups, station wagons, and trucks), motorcycles, and hand –driven tractors. Such transformation in business operation has not only benefited in terms of value addition in the manufacturing industrial but also in terms of skill and technology transfer.
In 2016 Belayab Motors PLC entered into an agreement with South Korean car manufacturer KIA Motors Corporation to assemble cars in Ethiopia. The agreement will bring the global automotive brand to Ethiopia as the first car assembly plant in East Africa for Kia. The assembly facility will have the capacity to assemble 12 cars per day in a single shift;240 cars per month. It is estimated that a total of 3000 KIA vehicles-OPTIMA and SPORTAGE (design award 2016 winners) and RIO will be assembled each year. The 30,000 m2 assembly plant located in Adama expects to add 100 more employees who recently graduated from the technical college. The first Kia vehicle assembly is expected to be completed in January 2017.
Belayab Motors Plc. Also signed agreements with Huawei Technologies Ethiopia Plc. To provide vehicle lease service in Addis Ababa city and other regions until December 2019. The first phase of service is expected in Addis Ababa city with 36 Dong Feng ZN pickup vehicles for three rooms at Akakii-Kality sub-city, Addis Ababa; after sales service at Saris; and assembly plant at Adama City.
Mr. Fikadu Girma (C.E.O)
Belayab Motors envisions “becoming the preferred manufacturer of branded high quality automobile and light duty vehicle in Ethiopia (East Africa.)”
- Supply quality, cost effective, affordable, and latest technology automobile, light duty vehicles and spare parts
- Ensure the satisfaction of customers through delivery of efficient cost effective and affordable after sales service
- Purpose corporate social responsibilities through partnerships with training institutions, companies, and social government in information technology and innovation fields
- Encourage research and development to promote future development of the industrial sub-sector
- Certificate of Excellence: Sinoma International Engineering Company. Successful Accomplishment- Supply of Construction material and Equipment for Mugher Cement project.
- Product Award: Participation on the 4th International Automotive Trade Fair, May 2007, Addis Ababa Ethiopia.
- Certificate of Appreciation: Oromia Regional State Police Commission.
- Federal Police commission
- Ethio-Telecom Corporation
- Oromiya National Regional state
- Oromiya Building Administration
- Ethiopian Roads Construction Corporation
- Ethiopian Agricultural Mechanization Enterprise
- Berhan International
- Medi9tech Ethiopia Plc.
- Elfora Agro Industrial Plc.